Did you know you are a creator?
Even if you’re saying, “No, not me. I’m not creative.” keep reading.
Creator is a God-like trait.
You are a child of God.
That makes creating part of your nature.
You might be one of the many people who are resistant or critical when it comes to the idea of or your ability to create. The adversary works on you because he doesn’t want anyone to tap into a skill that is so powerful, so God-like.
But YOU could!
Keep reading to discover promised blessing for any attempt and any method of creating or building.
(Hint…it doesn’t have to be perfect and its NOT just arts and crafts.)
Take the time to find your own ways to make your world beautiful…
Then enjoy as the blessings and beauty flow into your life spilling out on all those around you.
Action Steps to Access the Power of Creation
(These Action Steps come from the quotes below – letters reference which quote specifically)
Blessings To Receive:
- Deep satisfaction and fulfillment –B
- Develop ourselves and others –B
- Happiness –C
- Improvement in your world (outside yourself and within yourself) –E
- Feel God’s love –F
- Meaning, grace and fulfillment will replace discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness –F
- Understanding of your identity and potential as a child of THE Creator –G
- Gratitude for life and who you are –H
- Creating doesn’t have to take a lot of money or time –A, H
- Don’t let the fear of failure stop you –D
- Don’t let the voice of critics discourage you, including your own inner critic –D
- Create and build –all quotes, especially G
- If unsure about creating, start small –D
- Trust and rely on the Spirit to increase your capacity to create –E
- Use normal daily opportunities to create beauty and helpfulness –E
- Immerse yourself in God’s work –F
- Everyone has the need and the ability to create –A, C
- Unorganized matter (messes, problems, etc) can become a thing of beauty –B
- You are a child of the most creative Being in the universe and you have inherited unimaginable capacity –C
- The purpose of our life on earth is to seek and experience joy. Creation helps us with that. –C
- Everyone has gifts and talents –D
- Creation comes in many forms -D
- Our creations don’t need to be perfect in order to receive the promised blessings of creating –D
- Creation is your destiny in this life and the next –E
1- “Happiness, Your Heritage” by Dieter F. Uchtdorf 10/2008
2- “Our Campfire of Faith” by Elder Gong 10/2018 – sharing a quote about President Eyring
3- “Our Campfire of Faith” by Elder Gong 10/2018 – quoting Richard G. Scott
A- The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. –1
B- Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children. –1
C- You might say, “I’m not the creative type. When I sing, I’m always half a tone above or below the note. I cannot draw a line without a ruler. And the only practical use for my homemade bread is as a paperweight or as a doorstop.” If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe….Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination. But to what end were we created? We were created with the express purpose and potential of experiencing a fullness of joy (See 2 Nephi 2:25). Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness. One of the ways we find this is by creating things. –1
D- You may think you don’t have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us (See D&C 46:11–12). The bounds of creativity extend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not require a brush, a pen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist before—colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter. What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside. If you still feel incapable of creating, start small. Try to see how many smiles you can create, write a letter of appreciation, learn a new skill, identify a space and beautify it. –1
E- The more you trust and rely upon the Spirit, the greater your capacity to create. That is your opportunity in this life and your destiny in the life to come. Sisters, trust and rely on the Spirit. As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you. –1
F- I believe that as you immerse yourselves in the work of our Father—as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others—God will encircle you in the arms of His love (See D&C 6:20). Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment. –1
G- We have “a Creator who expects His children to become like Him—to create and to build.” –2
H- “Attempt to be creative, even if the results are modest. … Creativity can engender a spirit of gratitude for life and for what the Lord has woven into your being. … If you choose wisely, it doesn’t have to absorb a lot of time.” –3
Leave A Comment