Katie Woo: Katie Saves Thanksgiving
An Illustrated Chapter Book written by Fran Manushkin and Illustrated by Tammie Lyon
When the Woo’s oven quits working, Katie comes up with a plan to save Thanksgiving.
Possible Lessons / Morals to the Story:
- Thanksgiving is about more than the food.
- When things go wrong, you can have a positive attitudes.
- When we serve others we are blessed as well.
- We can come up with solutions to our problems.
- What happened to Katie on Thanksgiving?
- How did Katie handle these problems? How did Katie save Thanksgiving?
- What skills did Katie use to solve the problems?
- How can you help make Thanksgiving a success? How can you use service to help someone else have a better Thanksgiving?
- What is a problem you are facing that you need to solve? How can the skills that Katie used help you through your challenge?
- How can you make sure you have a positive attitude when things don’t go your way? How could a positive attitude help?
How You Could Use this Resource:
- To prepare children for Thanksgiving and talk about what it is about.
- To help an anxious child learn that when things don’t go as planned we can still have a positive attitude and figure out a solution to our problems.
- To talk about problem solving.
Leave A Comment